When you love your car, you keep up with all the regularly scheduled maintenance and care. However, the changing seasons can cause wear and tear that you may not expect. Having a checklist for every season is a good idea to prevent future issues and keep your vehicle looking and running its best. Keep these tasks in mind as you get ready for summer.
- As we move into the warmer months, you want to make sure they are wearing properly and the tread is in good shape. An easy way to check this is to insert a penny into the tread. If you can see Lincoln’s whole head, it is time for a new tire. Also check your tire pressure and have your tires rotated if you haven’t done so in the last 5,000 miles.
- Be sure to wear safety goggles as you clean your battery’s surfaces and clean any corrosion from the posts and cable connections. Make sure all connections are tight.
- Windshield Wipers. Check your blades for wear and tear. Chances are, you already know if they have seen better days. Replace the wiper blades if they are worn and be sure your windshield washer fluid reservoir is full.
- Light Bulbs. Carefully check all of the lightbulbs on your vehicle to ensure that none have burned out. Replace them as necessary and clean debris and dead insects from inside the lenses.
- If you haven’t had your brakes checked recently, the beginning of the summer season is a great time to do it. If you have noticed any unusual noises, longer stopping distance, or strange sensations when braking, don’t waste any time in getting them checked.
If you need some help getting your car summer-ready or if there are repairs that you have been putting off, there’s no time like the present. At our Ashland, OR auto repair service, we specialize in imports and strive for the highest level of customer service. Call Siskiyou today at (542) 482-8162 to schedule a tune up or repair service before summer arrives.